Sunday, January 25, 2009

Stinking Thinking...uh!.....and Auburn Road

Well since a couple of you liked my last post from my "attitude" book, I decided to post another. Honestly, I probably should just read this book again because my attitude REALLY stinks these days! I am realizing it more and more! Maybe that's what God is trying to show me here. Maybe he is trying to point out to me how much I am complaining and how I don't need to do that so much. Last night I went out to see my fellow friends Auburn Road (Wil Anderson, Adam Romito, John Clifton, Josh Adams, Kent Braswell) and they rocked! I absolutely loved them!! It was my first time hearing them and they really were awesome!
Auburn Road!!

Maria, Jill, Me and Jami

Wil rockin' it out on the drums!


Even after a LONG day at work it was great to just be around friends and laugh and have a good time and see people that I haven't seen in a while. Let me tell you, anytime you go somewhere that involves people from Opelika, it's going to be a big reunion. I saw so many people that I haven't seen in a while and everyone would ask how I was doing and what I had been up to and that's what made me realize that I didn't have a very good "Attitude" especially about my current job. And I am just going to be honest....I hate it. I have to get up at 3 am every morning rush to pull my hair back, put on a little make-up, throw my clothes on, get my food ready for lunch, make my coffee, brush my teeth and head out the door in 30 minutes to make the 25 min drive to work and make it there by 4 am (5 am Valley time). I work 10 hours, sometimes a little longer, am on my feet the entire time, come home, rest for a little bit, eat dinner, take a shower, dry my hair, then get in bed around 7:30-8 and do the same thing the next day. Mind you, I do get 2 days off a week, but one of those days is Saturday. I have to work every other Saturday and I am just exhausted all the time and I JUST took this job in December and really started working beginning of January b/c of all the training. I hate to quit so soon, but I hate this routine and being so incredibly tired that I have no time for me, my family or my friends! Am I complaining at all?!!? JUST A LITTLE!!! AHHH!!! This book talks about howcomplaining is a sin (never thought of it that way). It says that sin literally means "missing the mark; failing in regards to God's holy standards". We may not think we are actually hurting anybody like committing a sin (murder, stealing, lying etc) would, but actually we are hurting ourselves. Our complaints lead to bitterness, anger and even depression. God loves us and doesn't want us to hurt, so when we hurt ourselves we are hurting him. The book says "God is directly affected when /he hears our complaining and wrong attitudes because complaining questions God's sovereignty" It's kind of like saying "God you blew it! Nice try God--close, but not close enough!" In addition to that, he says we hurt others around us with our "stinking thinking" (just like I did last night probably!!) We are doing nothing but bringing them down as well. He says, "complaining is expressing dissatisfaction with a circumstance that is not wrong and about which I'm doing nothing to correct". I have been completely honest w/myself in that I realize I took this job out of desperation to get away from my other job. I guess it's true that sometimes pastures aren't always greener on the other side. But is it my fault? I mean, I guess it is b/c it was MY choice. But why stay unhappy? Would God want that for me? I mean maybe so. That's what I'm trying to figure out. BUT I could do something to correct it. I could try to find something else. I just don't know that I could change my attitude and be excited about getting up at 3 am and being tired all the time. The Bible says,
"In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you" 1 Thess 5:18. I know I should stop complaining and just be thankful that in this horrible economy we have that I even have a job. Sorry if I have infected you with my "stinking thinking".....hopefully you got something out of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment