Friday, January 30, 2009

Amy Callaway.....Labor and Delivery RN

YAY!!! I get to report that I am going to be a Labor and Delivery nurse!! My dream is starting to come true!! I am SO incredibly excited! I thought it might be at least a week (if not 2) before I would be posting that I heard anything back, but they called me today with a job offer! I had actually not been home long from work ( I got off early today around 11), I heard the house phone ring, but didn't answer it and then heard the lady leaving a message, so I quickly ran to pick up the phone. I ended up talking with her for a while and she eventually told me that the manager was very interested in me and wanted offer me the job! This is such an awesome birthday present! I can't stop smiling when I think about it! I am not sure when I will start yet, I have to talk with my current manager on Monday. I could either start February 9th (a week from now) or February 23rd. I don't mind working a months notice (like you're supposed to do in the health field), BUT I don't see why my manager would want to continue to pay an extra person (basically) since I am still in training, so she may just tell me not to worry about working a notice and I may be starting in a week! I will definately let you know and keep you updated on how things are going, but just wanted to let you know that I got the job and I can't believe how quickly it all happend. It really makes me feel like this is what God wants for me right now and this is all part of His plan for my life.

2 comments:

  1. WoOT! Congrats Amy! Now if only I could find my dream job. Know of any place that will pay me to read comics and play video games?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats girl! I'm so happy for you! I know you've been wanting an L&D job since nursing school! You will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete