Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Job Update!....Yay! (I think)

I wanted to give a quick update. I have actually been in contact with a long lost friend Amy Bobo who recently finished nursing school and got a job at Baptist East in Montgomery on Labor and Delivery. She mentioned to me that they had more openings and any of you who know me, know that L&D is what I have ALWAYS wanted to do since I was in nursing school. I just haven't been able to find the right job. I also hated the fact that I JUST took this other job in December. I would hate the fact of leaving it SO soon, BUT after talking with Amy some about the unit and the people, I decided to go ahead and put in an application online. She actually talked with her manager about me and I got a call just a few minutes ago (from the manager of the L&D unit) and I am going in for an interview tomorrow morning!!! WOW! I can't believe it! I really hope it works out! I know the drive to Montgomery will be long and I may end up on a night shift BUT the good thing is, is that it will help me to get the experience I need in order to one day get a job at EAMC. I have actually interviewed with the manager at EAMC before and she really wants someone to have experience before she hires them, so I think this job may be good for me. Plus it will be three 12 hr. shifts which is long, but most hospitals are doing 12 hr shifts now. So, anyways..that's the update. I am really gonna hate to leave my new job at the dialysis clinic so soon IF this job works out, BUT in the long run, I have to do what's best for me and what is going to make me happy. Working in dialysis is ok, but it's just ok for me. It doesn't really make my heart smile the way I know helping deliver babies would. Don't get me wrong, I am a nurse and I take care of people, that's what I like to do. Knowing that I am making someone else feel better is so rewarding but I believe God calls each and every one of us to do something and I have always felt not only was nursing my calling, but L&D was my calling. There is just something about it and just....ahh....gives me such a satisfaction. It's a wonderful feeling. Plus you are getting to witness a miracle everyday! How cool is that?! So, anyways..I will be quiet now and let you know how the interview goes and what happens! Keep me in your prayers! :)

1 comment: