Friday, January 16, 2009

I Believe

This is an email I received and thought I would share it. Lots of these statements (in my opinion are true). Read each one of them and see what you think. Some of them really make you stop and think.



I BELIEVE
Author Unknown
Jan 2 2009

A Birth Certificate shows we were born. A Death Certificate shows wedied. Pictures show we lived!


I Believe...That just because two people argue, doesn't mean they don't love each other.And just because they don't argue, doesn't mean they do love each other.


Believe...That we don't have to change friends if we understand that friends change.


I Believe...That no matter how good a friend is, they're going to hurt you every once in a while and you must forgive them for that.


I Believe...That true friendship continues to grow, even the longest distance.Same goes for true love.


I Believe....That you can do something in an instant that will give you heartache for life.


I Believe...That it's taking me a long time to become the person I want to be.


I Believe...That you should always leave loved ones with loving words. It may be the last time you see them.


I Believe...That you can keep going long after you think you can't.


I Believe...That we are responsible for what we do, no matter how we feel.


I Believe...That either you control your attitude or it controls you.


I Believe...That heroes are the people who do what has to be done when it needs to be done, regardless of the consequences.


I Believe...That money is a lousy way of keeping score.


I Believe...That my best friend and I can do anything or nothing and have the best time.


I Believe...That sometimes the people you expect to kick you when you're down,will be the ones to help you get back up.


I Believe...That sometimes when I'm angry I have the right to be angry, but that doesn't give me the right to be cruel.


I Believe...That maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you've had and what you've learned from them and less to do with how many birthdays you've celebrated.


I Believe...That it isn't always enough to be forgiven by others. Sometimes you have to learn to forgive yourself.


I Believe...That no matter how bad your heart is broken the world doesn't stop for your grief.


I Believe...That our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are, but, we are responsible for who we become.


I Believe...That you shouldn't be so eager to find out a secret. It could change your life Forever.


I Believe...Two people can look at the exact same thing and see something totally different.


I Believe...That your life can be changed in a matter of hours by people who don't even know you.


I Believe...That even when you think you have no more to give, when a friend cries out to you - you will find the strength to help.


I Believe...That credentials on the wall do not make you a decent human being.


I Believe...That the people you care about most in life are taken from you too soon.

I Believe...The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, we just make the most of everything.




Now, I will continue with "what's going on with me". As some of you may know, I started training for a new job in December. I actually started working 2 weeks ago in the clinic and it has been SO hard! The dialysis clinic I am working in is in Valley, AL, so they are on eastern time. I work four 10 hour shifts and have to get up each morning at 3 AM to be at work at 4 AM (5 their time). I am on my feet the ENTIRE time, which is fine, it's just a big change from my other job. I like that I actually feel like I'm doing something and doing lots of work, but my body is just NOT taking to it too well at all! I am tired everyday even if I go to bed at 7 the night before (8 hrs of sleep). It has just been wearing on me and I honestly don't know what to do. I don't know if it was a mistake to take this job out of desperation or if I was supposed to. I believe that God gives us opportunities for a reason. Maybe I was put in this position for a reason, I just haven't figured out why yet. I like the people I work with and I like the patients. Alot of them have already taken to me pretty well and like me and want me to stay, and I must say I like being around them, BUT I just don't know if my body will ever get used to getting up at 3 am everyday. Anyways...enough about my babbling!



I love the show Sex and the City. I know it probably isn't the best show to watch, but I love it. I was watching some of the DVDs the other day and Carrie (Sarah Jessica Parker) said something that I really liked. She said,


"Hope for the best, prepare for the worst and who knows, you just might be pleasantly surprised."
I thought that was a great statement because alot of times I think I expect to much out of people or situations I am in. I am trying to teach myself NOT to do that, but sometimes it's hard when you crave so much.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy...there is so much truth to ALL you said! I enjoyed reading :) I will be praying for you and your new job. Keep seeking God and being obedient; I know He will put you right where you need to be! Talk to you soon, Natalie

    ReplyDelete