Sunday, January 4, 2009

Enjoying my free time and learning a lesson or two..

I started my new job December 8th working at a dialysis clinic. Over the past month I have gone through alot of basic training about dialysis. It is a very specialized area and I have realized that I have tons to learn. BUT the good thing about me taking this job so close to the holidays is that I have had pretty good hours and a good bit of free time to just relax, enjoy the holidays and just have some ME time. I realized that I love to read but never seem to be able to find the time to. So during this time I decided to read the Twlight Series.


I had been hearing about the Twilight series obivously because of the movie, but I had a few friends tell me that it was AWESOME. I ABSOLUTELY loved it! I started reading it and couldn't put it down! I finished the WHOLE series in about a week or week and a half (and these are not thin books!).I even got my mom reading them as well! I highly recommend it to anyone simply searching for a good read.


Yesterday I went to see "Yes Man" with Jim Carrey. If anyone has seen it, I think they will
agree that it has different levels of meaning. This movie is basically about a guy who is lonely, sulking over his divorce and doesn't want to make any commitments to people. He is scared that if he makes himself vulnerable/available people won't like what they see. So he attends this seminar in which he makes a promise to say "yes" to everything. This in turn, leads him on a whirlwind of an adventure meeting people, doing things, opening doors that otherwise wouldn't have been opened if he hadn't said "yes". That's basically the jist of the story, I won't go into any details in case you want to see the movie for yourself. After seeing this movie, I got to thinking on more of a spiritual level. How God sometimes opens doors that we aren't even aware of, it is just our choice to choose to go through the opened door or to shut it. Say someone invites you to go somewhere and you simply deny the invitation because "you don't feel good" or "you are busy" (when really you aren't); although it just seems like a normal activity to go hang out or do something. It may be God's way of opening a door and you didn't even realize it! I can't think of how many times I have done this. I could be missing out on an opportunity to be blessed and I simply said "I'm too busy". WOW! It just really hit home with me. Not that I will say "yes" to everything, but that I will be more open to other possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment