Saturday, January 3, 2009

2009...Wow! Time flies when you get older!

This is my first blog. I have followed other people's blogs and thought it was a really neat concept. Although we can always count on the ever true FACEBOOK (and myspace of course) to really keep us up to date on everyone. But to me, there is something different about the whole "blogger" thing that made me want to try it. First of all, you can personalize it and sort of keep people that are important to you up to date on what's going on in your life (especially those we don't get to see all the time). I also see it as an "outlet" for me to be able to write down my thoughts, feelings etc about any certain subject. So...anyways..without further ado, I will get on with my ACTUAL post.


So...2009 is actually here! I simply cannot believe it. I think back to 10 years ago, 1999, and what I was doing. It honestly seems like it wasn't that long ago that I was a freshman in high school and now, 10 years later, I am what most people would consider "a grown up". I got to thinking about this whole process we as humans go through. We start a new year, go through all the joys of spring and summer, then comes football season in the fall and of course, everyone CAN'T WAIT til Christmas. I know I put so much into the christmas holidays with decorations, getting christmas gifts etc and then it seems that in a flash it's all starting over again. Maybe noone else sees it that way, but it just occured to me. This year I got sorta sad after Christmas was over. I don't really know why, but I did. It didn't feel like 2008 should be over. Don't get me wrong, I could have had a better 2008 and I am looking forward to 2009, but I just got sad, nostalgic in a way. I thought about previous years and what I went through and with whom. It's weird how our lives change so quickly. One year you're hanging out with a certain group of people doing certain things, then within 6 months your life totally changes. Whether it's graduating & getting a job, getting married, having a baby, the death of a loved one. Things just change. Sometimes not necessarily for the better or for the worse, just for the different. I used to be terrified of change, but as I get older, I realize it's just part of life and change is inevitable. Things are going to come your way to force you to make a decision that will potentially change the rest of your life. Anyways..I hope everyone had a Happy New Year and I can't wait to see what God (and 2009) has in store for me!

1 comment:

  1. So I have a question....how did you get your header so dark, or did it come that way? You never can see our title because it's so light behind our picture. Your blog is cute!

    ReplyDelete