Monday, June 29, 2009

Birthday, Rock Band and a Lesson..

This past weekend was my weekend to work (I only work 1 weekend a month). My rotation works Thursday night-Sunday night. Friday afternoon I got a call from the hospital asking if I just wanted to be on call Friday night--HECK YEAH!! So, I was able to go hang out with some girls from work for Niki's birthday. Let me tell you, it was SO much fun! We just hung out, played Rock Band and it was good for me to spend some time with my co-workers outside of work because I have really wanted to try to get to know them better! Here are some pics from the night.
Night Shift Gals!
One day last week I got to help my friend Lee with her baby for the day. She wasn't feeling well and just wanted an extra hand, so I said SURE! I did EVERYTHING! From feeding him, to playing with him, to changing his diaper, to bathing him...everything! He loves his boppy....

On another note, I was reading a friends blog and I loved her post! She had actually read one of her friends blogs and was passing along a message from that blog (did that make ANY sense??) She was talking about a book called "Can You Drink the Cup". I have never heard of it but after reading this quote she posted, I am definitely going to read it! Here is the quote she posted.

"Just as there are countless varieties of wine, there are countless varieties of lives. No two lives are the same. We often compare our lives with those of others, trying to decide whether we are better or worse off, but such comparisons do not help us much. We have to live our life, not someone else's. We have to hold our own cup. We have to dare to say: "This is my life, the life that is given to me, and it is this life that I have to live, as well as I can. My life is unique. Nobody else will ever live it. I have my own history, my own family, my own body, my own character, my own friends, my own way of thinking, speaking, and acting- yes, I have my own life to live. No one else has the same challenge. I am alone, because I am unique. Many people can help me to live my life, but after all is said and done, I have to make my own choices about how to live."

Can we say wow?! That is so true! There are so many times that we compare ourselves to others, what others are doing with their lives and what they have (I am INCREDIBLY guilty of that). But we need to realize that our life is unique. God has set us apart. We can't lead someone else's life, and the cool thing is, no one else can be US! I really needed to hear that today and wanted to continue to share. I think it's neat how God can speak to us through other people's blogs. If God has spoken to one person through my blog, then my babbling is so worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment