Monday, June 8, 2009

I Made It!

Well..I can safely say that I made it through my very first night shift EVER! Honestly, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be (which is what everyone said). I thought it would be incredibly hard to stay awake because for those of you who know me, know that I am definitely a morning person and have been for the last 2 years. So, I wasn't really sure how this whole night thing was gonna work for me, but it may end up being ok. It wasn't too hard to stay awake as long as I had something to do, then around 4:00 am I started feeling sleepy but that's when other patients started rolling in, and gave me my "2nd wind" so to speak. The drive home was the WORST though! I was SO sleepy by that point! But once I finally made it in the bed, sleep was pretty good. Hopefully tonight will be the same! I am so appreciative of all the encouragement that I have gotten from everyone including friends, co-workers etc. Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment