Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Same All The Time

This is actually a post from a friend, but I found it SO encouraging that I wanted to share it. It spoke to my heart so much and was exactly what I needed to hear! I hope you like it and it speaks to your heart the same way it did mine...

"The Same All The Time


For I know that sometimes the things that we think are for sure
They fad like the ending of day

Sometimes the things that we think are secure
Pass away

For I know that sometimes the things that we seek and we find
Break both our hearts and our mind

But Lord, you are the same
The same all the time!

I pray that as anxious and uncertain as my heart is I can find rest and peace in knowing that my God is the same all the time. No matter how sad or scared I may be... He is here.

Even know right now my heart is very sad. I do have some encouragement to share! God wants to do so much more in our lives than just grant our desires. He wants to give us what we NEED. To simply provide what we want would be much too easy for our heavenly Father. AMEN!

I read these words today and they truly shook me. " Why do we love Christ? Simple- because He first loved us (1 John 4:19). That is what makes His love so beautiful. He loved us when we didn't care a thing about Him. He loved us so much that, "while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8). God loves us anyway and PURSUES us continually until we finally love Him back!"

To know that God is pursuing us no matter where life may find us right now makes me have so much joy! Praise God! Happy, sad, scared, depressed, sick, tired, worn down, God is still pursuing your heart and mine. He wants to connect with us no matter where we are!"

--Thank you for your words Savannah!!



No comments:

Post a Comment