Saturday, June 6, 2009

A Few of my Favorite Things..

I don't know what has compelled me to write another post...maybe because I'm bored..who knows. But I have seen others do this and thought it would be neat. These are some current things that are staple items (things that if I were to have to do without; it would be hard to function). Here goes...

1.) My Phone-The Blackberry- I admit that I don't know what I would do without my phone. Some people can't stand cell phones and think the world would be a better place without them (since we were able to exist without them for many years before), but for me...it is one of my only ways of communication. I keep my appointments in my phone, I text (like a madman) on my phone...I don't know what I would do without it.






2.) MY iPod- I am a lover of music. I find TONS of meaning in music. I think lots of times
others can say/express what I'm feeling better than I can. I carry my iPod in the car with me (since I have a 45 min drive to work), I play it while I am getting ready or just hanging out, while we are making dinner at home...whenever I can really! I am constantly on iTunes downloading new music and I am always finding new songs and artists that I fall in love with. My new current finds are:
*Belief-Gavin Degraw
*Something I Said-SafetySuit
*Closer to Love-Mat Kearney
*Be There-Howie Day
*Her Diamonds-Rob Thomas
*My Baby Blue-Dave Matthews Band
*The Funeral-Band of Horses
*Can't Help Falling in Love-Ingrid Michaelson
*Turn to Stone-Ingrid Michaelson
Those are just a very few of many!

3.) Chapstick- I keep a tube of chapstick in
my purse, in my pocket at work, beside my bed...I ALWAYS have chapstick. And it MUST have SPF especially for the summer months because the worst is getting sunburned lips! I can't stand it when my lips are dry, hence the fact, I ALWAYS have chapstick.

4.)It's A 10 (leave in conditioner)- I use this on my hair EVERYDAY. My hair is naturally
wavy/curly so it gets so many tangles while I'm trying to brush it out. This stuff works WONDERS. If you have a problem with tangles and it takes you forever to brush out your hair, this is the product for you! love it!











5.) COFFEE!- I don't know what it is about mornings, but I HAVE to have a cup of coffee
RIGHT when I get up in the mornings. That's the only time I drink it, but I crave it when I wake up in the mornings. I don't even think I drink an entire cup..EVER..but boy that's the very first thing I do when I get up (besides use the bathroom) is make coffee.







6.) Moxi Box (or better known as TiVo)- I love to watch TV but can never seem to find the
time to actually be at home when my favorite shows are on, so this is a PERFECT invention for me. My roommate and I are always coming home and watching shows that were recorded days before. If I didn't have this, I would never be able to keep up with TV!

7.) My Camera- I absolutely LOVE my camera and I take it everywhere with me. Actually, it
lives in my purse because I never want to pass up a moment for a great picture. I love taking pictures and capturing special moments!







8.) Lotion- I know, I know, sounds crazy, but after working in Labor and Delivery, around
babies so much (and this is the only lotion available there), I have grown to love Johnson's baby lotion. I wash my hands SO many times throughout the day that they get incredibly dry, so I keep a small bottle of this in my pocket and it makes my hands feel so soft. Not only can I not stand having dry lips (hence the chapstick) but I cannot stand having dry hands!





I know this post may be kinda cheesy, but whatever. Looking back at my list, it's kinda sad that most of the items are electronics. Makes me wonder...what would I do if the power failed and all we had was running water and candles??

No comments:

Post a Comment