Monday, June 15, 2009

Seeing God in the Little Things

Here lately, I feel like God has really been working in my heart. He's doing lots of things. I have noticed just over the last week or so that I am so much happier and just have a joy that has come out of nowhere. The only place that I know to say it comes from is from my Heavenly Father above. He's the only place we can get pure joy like that. Lately, I have been able to see Him in even the smallest of things. For instance, one night last week, my roommate Natalie made a WONDERFUL dinner (understatement). She made these delicious french dip sandwiches. I had no idea what hers would taste like because I have only had those at restaurants, but let me tell ya, anything that girl makes is gold! But I took one bite and I was in heaven..seriously! I said "Oh my goodness..this is like heaven on earth!". It really felt like God came down and said "Hey Amy, What's Up?". He was giving me something to enjoy, to relish in. How neat is that?! I LOVE it when I have those little moments where I feel like God gave something to me, so specifically and it's like he is right there with his hand on my shoulder waiting to give me a big hug and say, "delight in this my sweet daughter." Then over the last couple of days, I have been off work and just been able to lay out by the pool with a good book in hand and soak up the sun. Not only is it relaxing, but just taking in a deep breath and feeling like life just can't get much better than this. I am feeling like my perspective on life is changing. Yes, it has been changed for a while, but we all have those periods of doubt. We all have those times and go through certain situations where we question and wonder "why". Trust me, I KNOW. But the truth is, we may change, people around us may change, our circumstances may change but the one thing that NEVER changes is our precious heavenly Father. His love sustains and is always there. Don't get me wrong, I have had a hard time coming to grips with this and still am. I still struggle with trusting in His perfect timing, but God is sovereign and His word tells us,

"I know that you can do all things; no plan of yours can be thwarted."

Job 42:2

God is SO much bigger than us AND our circumstances. We may think that we have blown it 1,000 times (and we probably have in some cases), but the truth is, if we turn to Him, with God all things are possible. I am learning more and more each day how to lean more on His promises and rebuke the lies that Satan tried to feed me because believe me, the devil is constantly trying to pour lies and rubbish into my head all day long.

I just finished reading the book "Captivating" for the 2nd time. I read it a few years ago when it first came out and I highly recommend it to anyone really. It's good for women to read to help them to see their value and it's good for guys to read to see what's really at the heart of a woman and more importantly, why it's there. Well..it's off to work for me now..3 nights of night shift..then off work for a week! YAY!

Also, my thoughts and prayers go out to my friends Robert and Dacy Lee. Robert's grandmother..also known as "Rah-Rah" has been really sick in ICU at EAMC this past week and today they are moving her to Bethany House. I pray for their family during this time. I know they all know the Lord and there is no doubt she will be in heaven, but that doesn't make a time like this any easier. Love you Bob and Dacy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment