Friday, July 3, 2009

Bearable to Beauty

So..for those of you who know me well, know that I LOVE quotes. I have said it once and I will say it again, I feel like sometimes the words of others can say it better than I can (same way with music). Here is a quote from a very wise woman:

"If Jesus gives us a task or assigns us to a difficult season, every ounce of our experience is meant for our instruction and completion if only we'll let Him finish the work. I fear, however, that we are so attention-deficit that we settle for bearable when beauty is just around the corner."
---Beth Moore

When I read that quote it really spoke to me. It made me realize that this is what God has been trying to do with me for a long time and I just haven't let Him. Most of the time when we go through trials we know that we are supposed to learn something from them, but the thing is, I think sometimes we miss what God is trying to teach us (I know I have!). I think we end up getting so impatient with whatever situation or season we are in, in our lives that we kinda just give up. We think that this is how it's going to be all the time and don't realize that if we just learn the valueable lesson God is teaching us, we will most definitely come out better on the other side. I LOVE the part where she says "we are so attention-deficit that we settle for bearable when beauty is just around the corner." I think she is SO right! We get to where we are comfortable leading our own lives and we are easily drawn off course. The devil is very good and sneaky at doing things like that. He sees that we are getting closer to God and His perfect will, and it angers him, so he knows our weak spots and tries to push us to the limits. He does everything he can to veer off the course that God is so desperately trying to take us on. I have definitely noticed this in my own life. If our relationship is so rooted in God, we can fight the enemy, so that we no longer "settle for bearable", but we get to enjoy the "beauty".


"In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength... Therefore the Lord LONGS to be gracious to you, and exalts himself to show mercy to you. For the Lord is a God of justice; blessed are those who wait for Him." --Isaiah 30:15,18-20

No comments:

Post a Comment