Sunday, July 12, 2009

Famous Words...Not Mine...

I thought I would do a post of some of my favorite quotes and what they mean to me. I already have some of them posted on my facebook (if you have seen my facebook profile) and some of them on my blog site as well. But just in case you care, or if you're like me at all and LOVE quotes...here ya go!

"Find someone who makes your circle just, someone with whom you want to end each day where you began."
--- Dr. Charles Hannah


*I got this quote from my 12th grade AP English teacher (most of you probably know him). He was such a hard teacher, but he really was very smart. At the end of the year, he gave us this typed out sheet of "life lessons" we could carry with us from all the stories and poems that he made us read. This was one of them. I can't remember from which story it could be applied, but I really liked it. You really do want to make sure you find that person "with whom you want to end each day where you began".

"Not all love stories are epic novels. Some are short stories, but that doesn't mean they are any less filled with love." Carrie, SATC

*This was from the SATC movie. I love it because it's saying that a relationship (love) doesn't have to be a long one to be meaningful. You can date someone a few weeks, a few months a few years and it is just a meaningful. I have always thought that it's not the labels you put on relationships that matter; it's what's in your heart. :)

"Nothing changes the human heart so deeply as to look bad in the presence of love, to be seen with all that is wickedly ugly about us and to still be wanted, more, to be delighted in. That's grace." --Larry Crabb

*This came from the book The Papa Prayer. It is such a good book; I recommend it to anyone. I read it about a year and a half ago which was right around the time that God was really teaching me about grace. Sure, I have always heard about grace, sung about grace (Amazing Grace), but never really thought about what grace actually is. Grace is definitely something we as sinners don't deserve, but because Jesus died on the cross for our sins..that's grace....when we get something we don't deserve. I have also realized that when something bad happens, God can take it and make something good out of it...that's grace. This quote is saying that when we are seen for all that we are even when it's bad (wickedly ugly) and we are still wanted and even more than that...DELIGHTED IN...that's GRACE!

"When we expect to be satisfied with the basics, God will often surprise us with treats." --James MacDonald

*This is from a book called "Lord, Change My Attitude Before It's Too Late". I was reading this book last summer during a bible study and I must say..it's a must read also. It's so true that if we just basically take what God has given us and expect to just be satisfied with that; satisfied even if it's only with Him...then the blessings come...

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for."--Anonymous

*You know how sometimes you wait and wait for something and you finally get it? You are SO excited that you finally got whatever it was that you had wanted for so long. Well..after a while that "thing" that you wanted so dearly just becomes the "norm"...it's not so...special anymore. Then you start wanting something else. The thing we need to remember (and I am definitely guilty of this) is that we still need to continue to treasure what it was that we wanted in the first place even if we start longing for something else..because if you remember..that first thing...used to be something you only hoped for..

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us.." --Ephesians 3:20

*This is one of my favorite verses in the bible. I don't think this one needs much explanation..God really can do IMMEASURABLY MORE than we could EVER ask or imagine!!

"Did you say it? I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life. Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it. But every now and then, look around. Drink it in. 'Cause this is it. It may all be gone tomorrow." --Grey's Anatomy

*This was on the season finale of Grey's Anatomy this year and it gave me chills when Meredith said it. Those words really hit home with me. So many times we just go about our everyday life and we don't tell the people we love how much we really do love them and how much they mean to our lives. We don't appreciate the people in our lives, the things in our lives, the direction our lives are going...we don't appreciate the little things. We should all "take time to stop and smell the roses" because it really could all be gone tomorrow.

"You never know the biggest day of your life is the biggest day. Not until it's happening. You don't recognize the biggest day of your life, not until you're right in the middle of it. The day you commit to something or someone. The day you get your heart broken. The day you meet your soulmate. The day you realize there's not enough time, because you wanna live forever. Those are the biggest days. The perfect days. You know?" --Grey's Anatomy

*This one, also from Grey's Anatomy except for it was Izzie who said it. I just really liked it....that's all...


Well..there ya have it..some of my favorites quotes. Just thought I would share! :)

Deuces!!

No comments:

Post a Comment