Monday, March 2, 2009

White as Snow

Can I start off by saying WOW!!! Oh my gosh! The snow! I really didn't believe it would snow! I said to someone on Saturday (when it was so warm) that I would have to see it to believe it, well God sure showed me! I woke up Sunday morning about 7:00 and looked outside and it was steadily coming down. I ran into the living room and said excitedly to my mom "It's snowing!!". I honestly was SO surprised, I was in complete awe because I really couldn't believe my eyes. First of all, we NEVER get snow (and it was at least 60-70 degrees the day before) and second of all it was BEAUTIFUL. I went to church for the first time in a while (yes, I actually braved the snow) and walking from sunday school to the church this is what I saw....

It was actually kinda fun walking through what seemed like a blizzard, but then when I arrived in the sanctuary with my hair soaking wet and cold, that wasn't so fun. In our prayer groups in sunday school, while Janet was praying, she said something that was really cool. It was really neat to see the snow yesterday and to be reminded of how Jesus' blood on the cross washes us white as SNOW. Isn't that SO great! God sent that little reminder yesterday and I felt so refreshed. Then to go out and play in the snow made it that much better! Here are a couple pics from my snow day.






Snow is so much fun, but I can only handle it for so long...it get COLD! I will have to admit, I am SO ready for warm weather to get here and stay. Although there is something about every season that I love, I think I have discovered my favorite season must be summer. I just love being outside especially at the lake or the beach. I love being on a boat just soaking up the rays and floating in the water. It's so relaxing. Summer get here already!

Saturday night Josh and I watched the movie Fireproof. Despite bad acting, it ended up being a great movie. It has some really good points in it, so I advise anyone to see it (especially married couples). There is a song in the movie called "While I'm Waiting" by John Waller that I have fallen in love with! (Here is the video from the movie--you should really take time to listen and watch!)



I heard it then downloaded it later and it really spoke to me. One of my faults is that I don't have a whole lot of patience.....period. When it comes to anything, especially waiting on God's timing. Even in little things like buying something, I just feel like I HAVE to have it RIGHT THEN. I know that sounds awful, but it's the truth. I have always wanted to learn to be more patient, but it's something I have always struggled with and I can admit that being impatient, for me has definitely had its drawbacks. It has caused me alot of heartache too that I could have avoided had I just been patient and trusted in God and realized that he has a perfect will for my life. I heard someone speak once about when you pray and ask God for things and they said that God will always answer you and He will tell you 1 of 3 things. He will say "Yes", "No" or "wait". Of course hearing a "no" is awful, but let me tell you, waiting is hard too because during that time you feel like you just don't know, but that's when this song really spoke to me. It's during this "waiting" that God wants us to be totally consumed in Him, to use this time to rest in Him and worship Him and better our relationship with Him so that we can be better prepared for whatever it is that we have asked Him for. Obviously if God has told us to "wait" then He knows we aren't quite ready for whatever it is that we have requested. Remember...He knows our hearts and He knows our desires...He put them there. He tells us "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." What He is saying is that as long as you are seeking Him, He is going to give you what you desire or either He will change your heart to be more in line with what He wants for your life. Isn't that the coolest thing?! I have definitely witnessed that in my own life. There are SO many things I thought I wanted at one point only to find that once I started seeking God, those desires TOTALLY changed and now they are in line with what He wants for me. It's so awesome when you realize that.

Friday, of course I had to go out and support Auburn Road. As usual, I had a good time. Here are some pictures from that night.


No comments:

Post a Comment