Saturday, March 7, 2009

Revelation Moment

Have you ever had one of those moments where in an instant something becomes completely surreal? It's almost as if even though you are living something, it doesn't become completely REAL to you until THAT moment. It's kinda like a "revelation" moment--TADAH!! I love those moments especially when you have them with God. Like I said in my "about me" section...I love it when God shows me something new. It's such a great moment when you realize it...when it hits...and for me, it usually hits me like a TON of bricks. God has really been blessing me a lot here lately and I haven't really felt worthy of it. I have a job in the area that I have been wanting since I was in school (although I do have some stuff to work through with that). I have new people in my life that are just completely and utterly AWESOME (to say the very least). God blows me away on a daily basis and I think what did I do to deserve all of this all of a sudden?? You know sometimes you feel as though you have done so many wrongs in your past that it makes you feel as though you don't deserve anything good in your future? Well, that has been me. I always think, "Man! I really messed up, there is no chance for me to ever have or ever deserve anything good now", so that has left me feeling kinda empty, with a huge hole in my heart and just feeling like I will just have to settle from now on. Now, don't think I'm trying to make you feel sorry for me, because believe me, I have seen the light! I now know that's not what God wants for me. God loves me. God meets us where we are! I once heard Bro. Steve preaching and he said "God isn't the one that moved, we did". So if we come running back to Him, He is there waiting with open arms. Romans 8:1 says, "Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.." how comforting is that?!?
I heard this song the other day that sort of spoke to me and was just...kinda refreshing (reminded me of how I have been feeling and what God's response would be to me)..It's called "You Belong To Me" by Grey Holiday. Here are the lyrics.

You run, you hide
As tears fall from your eyes
They fall like snow
From a wounded soul
You hold inside
The hurt of great divide
The hole is starting to get old

So come back to the light
To the love, you will find
It's been here all along
So come back to the start
And you'll find in your heart
That you always belonged
To me

Just take the rope
I won't let it go
Give in
We can start again
I'm life, I'm hope
And I'm ready to explode
With how bad I want you back home

You're my daughter, you're my son
You're the one I long to love
And you've heard I chose to die
Do you know you're the reason why?

No comments:

Post a Comment