Sunday, March 15, 2009

Rainy Wedding and a Baby...

I spent the weekend in Birmingham with Josh and his parents. Josh and his mom were doing music in a wedding for a family friend and we also got to stop by and see sweet Dacy Caroline!

First of all, it was a great trip because I got to spend sweet time with Josh's parents. They really are great. It's always intimidating being around someone's parents at first, but I quickly got to know them (they made it so easy) and we had a great time. The wedding was an outdoor wedding....it was cold...raining the ENTIRE time....and did I mention COLD?! I don't think I ever warmed up, but in the end, we laughed a lot and that's what was most important. It's funny because Saturday morning after getting up and checking out of the hotel, we were all doing quite a bit of complaining. We complained about the rain and how the beds were too hard to sleep on (asphalt as Josh said), how we had to be there early and what we were gonna do and then Josh's mom just stopped and said, "We sure are complaining a lot aren't we? We just need to be thankful that we are alive today and we have a warm place to sleep." That made me really think...she's right! We go through life a lot of times complaining about the smallest things when we have SO much to be thankful for! I was thinking about Josh and the accident he had back in December. Some of you may know about it and some may not, but he is a police officer and one day while on the job, he basically got thrown from a moving vehicle. He sustained only minor injuries (fractured arm, bruises, concussion, head laceration from where he hit the curb when thrown from the vehicle), but it could have been A LOT worse. That really makes you think about God's sovereignty and how His plan is SO much bigger than ours and we choose to complain about little things? God has such a great plan for our lives and God knew that He needed to keep Josh Adams around for a little while longer (hopefully A LOT longer) because 2 months later he would meet me and bless me more than ever! (sorry for getting mushy). God is awesome, He knows our hearts, He knows our desires and He is the ultimate provider even in the smallest things.

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:18


Here are some pics from the "Barb and Josh show"




Saturday morning we got up early and went for a quick visit to see my new "niece" Dacy Caroline. She was born March 11, weighing 6 lbs, 5 oz and 18 in long. I was SO excited to see her! She is the most precious thing! I can't believe my Dacy has a little Dacy of her own! Josh even liked her too ;)


"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14

CONGRATS ROB AND DACY!! I LOVE Y'ALL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment