Sunday, February 22, 2009

Dacy's Baby Shower and Auburn Road

I just realized that I haven't posted anything in a while...so I guess it's time to give a little update on what's going on in the life of Amy. The end of this week was eventful. Let me start off with my job. I am still on dreaded orientation, but starting next week (or the next) I will be transitioning onto the floor with my nurse preceptor. I actually got to spend Thursday with a nurse on the floor b/c my nurse educator was out that day and I loved it! It was a bit overwhelming at first b/c I realized that I have A LOT to learn, but at the same time I realized that I am really going to LOVE this! This is definitely what God wants me to do WITHOUT a doubt and it's SO comforting when you know you are in the center of God's wonderful will for your life. We had 2 patients that day (which is the norm) and I was thinking that I wouldn't have the chance to see either of them deliver before I left at 3, but luckily one of them delivered at 1:45!! I just love the whole process of watching a child being born. Not only do you witness life coming into the world, but you get to see the reactions of the emotional mother and proud daddy. Sometimes they cry b/c they have so much joy and then sometimes they just sit and smile in utter awe at what the Lord has given them. I love watching the moment when they FIRST lay eyes on their child. With every delivery I have seen thus far (not that many, but enough), there is not one that doesn't get me right in the center of my chest and send a chill down my spine. THAT'S how I know this is what God wants me to do. Because not only am I caring for and helping people in such a wonderful yet scary time in their life, but I get joy from it too! WOW! How amazing is that?! And then after all the hustle and bustle of getting the baby dried off and warmed up and the doctor has finished all his business, the lights get turned down, mom finally gets her baby and they just get to spend some sweet time together before the baby has to go to the nursery. So..that's my work story.

Friday night I went to see "Taken" with Josh, Dacy and Rob and let me say it was GREAT! I recommend it to anyone! It's one of those "edge of your seat" type of movies...action, suspense, emotion all rolled into one.


Saturday was Dacy's baby shower in Auburn. Let me just start by saying that EVERYONE is getting married or having babies!! I can't believe my Dacy is having a little Dacy of her own!! It was SO much fun to go to this shower b/c I got to see all the same sweet ladies that I met at a wedding shower of hers before her and Rob got married. It was kinda neat and nostalgic. I cannot wait to meet little DC and be apart of her life! Here are some pics from the day.

Me and Dacy

The Proud Parents

The Rubios--love them!

The 2 Pregnant girls..due 1 week apart!


Also went to see my buddies Auburn Road Saturday night at Fat Daddy's. Here are some pics from that too.


The guys

Me and Josh

Me, Kelly and Liz

Love this one of Josh!

Well, that pretty much concludes my weekend. Sorry for the long post!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! Love the update....I would still like to grab lunch one day and catch up. I am so glad you are doing labor and delivery now! I know you are going to love it. Being a part of "birthin' babies" is fun isn't it?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics girl!!!

    It was so fun to hang with you this weekend ... a little double date, a little run in with the law (APD - "why is this 12 year old kid pulling me over??), a little baby shower - I mean, what more could you ask for in a weekend!??

    I love you girl!!! Can't wait for Dacy Caroline to meet her "aunt amy". :-)

    ReplyDelete