Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Day # 2-Meaning Behind Your Blog Name

Day #2 of the 30 day blog challenge is to tell the meaning behind your blog name. My blog title is "Something Heavenly" and it comes from the Santus Real song called, "Whatever You're Doing". You can listen to the song and watch the video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN9J8eqKovY

The part of the song that's my favorite (where my blog title came from) is when the song says,

"I surrender to whatever you're doing inside of me,
it feels like chaos, but somehow there's peace.
Though it's hard to surrender to what I can't see,
I'm giving into something heavenly."

I've felt like God has really been working on my heart big time these last couple of years. There have been things to happen in my life that I don't understand..I don't understand God's timing, I don't understand His ways. But the bible tells us that His thoughts are not our thoughts and His ways are not our ways. I've been SO stubborn at times waiting on God's will that it's only hurt me in the end. God only wants to save us from things that hurt us and sometimes that's the very thing that we choose. Sometimes it may hurt so bad...to our very core..it may seem like chaos, but that's what the song says...that even though it feels like chaos, we should have peace knowing that God is behind it ALL. Even though we can't see our future and it's hard to hand over control of our lives, we just need to give into something that's WAY bigger than us. He's up to something that's bigger than us and bigger than our circumstances, if we just let Him work. This song is my heart's cry...it's such a great song and the reason behind my blog name :)

Oh...and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

"Give THANKS to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever."

--Psalm 107:1

No comments:

Post a Comment