Wednesday, November 24, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge

I stole this idea from a friend at work. It's a 30 day blog challenge. Each day you write about something different, so I thought I would try it since I've been extra lazy in my blogging (Thanks Katherine!!)

Day 1: Introduce, recent picture and 15 random facts about me.
Well, for those of you who don't know me, my name is Amy Michelle Callaway. I am 26 years old and live in Opelika, AL. I have worked the past 2 years at Baptist East in Montgomery in Labor & Deliver/High Risk OB. I love being a nurse...it's what God has called me to do and I think it fits me perfectly. I got engaged on August 13th to the sweetest, best guy I've ever met. Ben and I will be getting married on April 16th at our church (where we met). You can go to our wedding website here: http://weddingwire.com/amycallawayandbenadams
the password is: adams

This is such an exciting time in my life as well as stressful. I can't wait to marry my best friend and God's man for me in just a few short months!












15 Random Facts About Me

1.) Anyone that knows me well, knows that I have a deathly, ABNORMAL fear of birds….always have and always will. Don’t ask why or how…that’s just how I am and it’s not going to change. People that know that about me always try to figure it out, but it’s just the way I am, there’s no explanation for it.

2.)I could eat a chicken finger anytime, anyplace, anywhere. Although it’s not necessarily my favorite food, I have always liked them. My mom says that I was such a picky eater as a child, that’s all I would eat :)

3.)I wear my emotions on my sleeve. Usually you can know how I am feeling just by looking at my face. I don’t hide it very well….although if you ask me…I’ll deny it (typical girl, huh?)

4.)I’ve been told I have “champagne” taste with only “beer” money. That seems to be true.

5.)I love it when God shows me something new…

6.)I always dust off my feet before I get into my bed.

7.)I drink all dark beverages (usually) including COFFEE, through a straw. I know, sounds crazy to drink coffee through a straw. Ever since I got my braces about 7 years ago, I have been very particular about my teeth and about getting them stained and so forth, so that’s why.

8.)When I was in 5th grade, I was on Entertainment Tonight. It was a quick clip, but still, I had my moment of fame….and no, I’m not lying.

9.)Most people would be surprised to know that I have 2 tattoos. I don’t mind telling that. It’s on my lower abdomen and it’s of an Icthus (Jesus fish). And my latest one is on my left wrist of the word "agape". I got this to be a constant reminder of God's unconditional love for me. It also reminds me to try and love people unconditionally. It is by grace that I'm saved through faith...all of this because of God's agape love.

10.)I still do math by counting on my fingers or on paper, even simple math…..I took math classes in college all the way up to Calculus II, but to this day, I count on my fingers.

11.)People always ask me if I am related to the Callaways of “Callaway Gardens” or “Callaway Golf”….sadly, I have to tell them “no”.

12.)I always have a bottle of water beside my bed.

13.) I am addicted to trash TV. I always tell myself I'm not going to get caught up in ANOTHER reality TV show, but I do. I couldn't believe I actually started watching "Jerseylicious" one day!

14.) I love laughing. Laughing is my favorite thing to do. I know people say it might be a bad thing if you laugh at yourself or your own jokes, but I love it when I do that. I think it says that you have a sense of humor. I also like to surround myself with people that make me laugh. I find that I have a better day that way.

15.) I've always been told that patience is a virtue..well...it's a virtue that I clearly don't have sometimes. I feel like God has really been working on me the last several years on helping me gain some patience in my life. It's a tough thing to learn, but I KNOW that I will be a better person because of it.

Oh....and this is my FAVORITE time of year! I love decorating for all the holidays and enjoying family time..it's the GREATEST!


No comments:

Post a Comment