Saturday, February 13, 2010

Snow....FINALLY & Zumba Love!

So...I have to write about the SNOW DAY we just had! I have to be honest and say I really thought the weather man was telling us another lie, but he actually came through this time!! Can I just say...I LOVE SNOW!!! I don't know what it is about it. I guess it's probably because we NEVER have snow, so when we do, it's just a big deal. I'm sure most people who live up north absolutely HATE the snow. I am such a kid when it comes to snow. It was snowing when I walked out of the hospital from work Friday morning and I just couldn't believe it, I was so excited. On the drive home (45 min drive), the snow stopped right before getting into Auburn, so I was a little worried that the Auburn/Opelika area wouldn't actually see the snow. I went to bed and slept for a few hours and when I woke up, I immediately looked out my window and I see TONS of snow and it's coming down really hard! I got all wide-eyed and excited just like a kid on Christmas. I got to play in it, but not nearly as much as I wanted to. Here are some pics from the day.


Needless to say the snow was a success and I hate that it's already gone today. I guess there's always next year right? (Since we only seem to get snow MAYBE once a year).

Today at the Sportsplex there was a Zumba Love Benefit for Haiti Zumbathon.
It started at 1:00 and ended at 3:00. We seriously did Zumba for 2 hours straight and it was SO much fun, but my body is sure feelin' it! It was open to the public and all you had to do was bring certain items or donate money to the relief for Haiti. It was for such a good cause! Jessica, the Zumba instructor at the Sportsplex headed up this event and she taught the class for the entire time along with other instructors from Health Plus. If you don't know what Zumba is, you should definitely check it out!
Before Zumba....

After Zumba.....



Had such a good turnout!


Robyn gettin' down Zumba-style

I will leave you with a quote I just found that I really like.

"You are unrepeatable. There is magic about you that is all your own."
--D.M. Dellinger

No comments:

Post a Comment