Sunday, February 21, 2010

Habakkuk...never thought to look there!

Often times I find myself usually reading out of books of the Bible that I know pretty well, you know, the major ones. I am for sure always looking/reading out of the New Testament, but this morning in church, I came across a verse in a small book in the Old Testament and it made me realize, "Maybe I should start reading in the Old Testament more". Reason being because of this verse from Habakkuk. It says,

"Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay." (2:3)

This morning in church, Brother Steve happened to make a reference to Habakkuk. He didn't ask us to turn there, but I did instead and I'm SO glad I did. This is a verse that I definitely needed to hear and God knew that. I know a lot of us may struggle with not really knowing or understanding God's will for our lives or at least in certain situations. Sometimes we don't understand why He puts us where He puts us, but the truth is HE DOES and that should be enough for us. A lot easier said than done, right? This verse is about God's timing and that He works in HIS time, not ours. He is basically saying, "Be patient! I will work out my plans in my perfect timing." Just like that was God's answer WAY back then to Habakkuk, it's the same answer He would give us, today. And this is a verse I know I can cling to; that even though I don't understand why I am in certain situations or He isn't bringing me out of certain situations, I can rest in the fact knowing that He is in control. He sees the big picture and ONLY has my best interest in mind.

1 comment: