Sunday, May 15, 2011

Husband, New name, new home etc..

Well, I just realized that it's been a really LONG while since I've updated my blog. It has kind of fallen by the wayside since all the wedding planning, getting married, getting adjusted etc. Alot has happened since I last blogged in December.....I may have to split these in the different blogs so I an update the way I want.

1.) Ben and I got married on April 16th and it was an absolute PERFECT, fairytale day! I got me a husband, a new name (officially Amy Callaway Adams--YAY!) and a new home!

There will be TONS of more pictures to come!! Marie is hoping to have all of them done by next week....can't wait to post more!

2.) We went on our honeymoon to Cancun, Mexico and stayed at The Excellence Resort. It was AWESOME!! (except for me losing my phone on the first day & Ben coming back home with DOUBLE ear infections!) The food was great, the service was top-notch...I could not say enough good things about this place. Would highly recommend it to anyone needed to book a honeymoon!


3.) I started getting our very first home settled and decorated. Here are a few pictures taken with my phone of what I've done so far..


I ordered some new pillow covers for my Pottery Barn pillows that I had on the couch. Then I got Jane Randall Jackson to hand-paint me the 2 pillows in the center. Since most of the flowers used in my wedding were silk (Jess did such a great job, you couldnt even tell), I wanted to use the flowers to add some color in such a drab cabin, so Jane used that color scheme and connected it when she was making the pillows. I absolutely LOVE them! I think they are a perfect fit for our style. What great work Jane Randall!! I also added 2 of the mossed cubes that Jess made for my hi cocktail tables at the reception. I just took out the dead/dying flowers and replaced them with silk ones...thought it turned out really good.



I hung a shelf in the space that looks like it could hold a fireplace (but clearly doesn't). And on the shelf is the mossygrammed "A" that Jess did for me for the wedding. I also used some of the bridesmaids bouquets and the mason jars from the wedding as well. I think it turned out really cute! Jess is suppposed to be making the mossygram a little different, but I am super pleased at how it turned out.

Of course, one of our many compromises as a newly married couple is figuring out where to have the infamous "mounts". I compromised and told Ben he could have those 2, if he would let me hang stuff in the lower space...he agreed...then i caved and told him he could put one in the loft. My cabin is going to be covered in deer/animals before I know it!! HE knows how I feel about birds and I am allowing the birds mounts to remain on high shelves... :)

The kitchen is still a work in progress, but it feels more like home everyday..just one small problem...it does NOT and I repeat, does NOT have a dishwasher.....that would be someone by the name of Ben. Just kidding...I do help wash the dishes some, but have to admit that it's not my favorite thing to do whatsoever!

I am SO thrilled about our new, little cozy cabin home..its just a matter of getting used to it and I think GOd has changed my heart big time since we first we decided we were going rent the place. It may be small and different, buts its OUR first out together and that makes it special no matter what :)







1 comment:

  1. Amy, I love your home because it's so different! You are doing a great job, and I can't wait to see more pics! Hope you're enjoying this wonderful new life!
    -Crystal

    ReplyDelete