Thursday, December 3, 2009

God sees the big picture...

I read this and it was definitely something that I needed to hear. Just thought I would share it! 

Today, choose to keep an attitude of faith and expectancy. Begin to thank Him for the opportunities that are just ahead for you. Shut the door on fear and let God lead you by His peace through the door of opportunity He has prepared for you! "I know all the things you do, and I have opened a door for you that no one can close" -Revelations 3:8

I know there are lots of times that I get scared or worried about the future or what's going on in my life. Sometimes I doubt the fact that God is working in MY favor.  The Bible tells us that God works for the good of those who love Him. A great quote that I read just the other day goes along great with this. It says:

"When God takes something from your grasp He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better."

I have to believe that's the truth. Even when I don't understand why things don't work out when or how I want them to. I have to know that there's a reason...GOD'S reason. He is only doing it because He loves me and can see the big picture while I only see what's going on right now. Last Sunday my pastor, Brother Steve preached a great sermon on worrying. He talked about how worrying is a sin and no sin is any worse than the other. I think about how much I worry over the smallest things sometimes and really, it's ridiculous! Truth is, if we're worrying, we aren't trusting. I have faith knowing that whatever God has planned for me (which has to be good) will happen. I love the verse in Job where it says, "I know that you can do all things; no plan of yours can be thwarted." (42:2). That's so comforting to know! And I can think back to times in my life where I can clearly see that the Lord's will was done one way or another. I may have fought against Him hard, but in the end, He won and it was most definitely for the better. Of course I didn't think so at the time, but I am able to see it now....

2 comments:

  1. No problem!!! Glad my words are encouraging to others!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was searching all over the Internet for something to comfort me and this really helped, thank you

    ReplyDelete