Saturday, December 5, 2009

Tis The Season to be MERRY!

Well...the Christmas season is in full force. Our christmas trees are decorated (almost), as Natalie put it the other day, "it looks like Christmas has thrown-up on our house" and my iPod is continuously playing the sweet tunes of Christmas. I must say...I LOVE IT!! I am always anticipating this time of year...well...year round! There is something about Christmas that is different to me. I'm sure most of you would agree with me. I'm so glad my roommate shares the same passion about the holidays as I do (thank goodness I don't live with a Scrooge!) We have our tree up (but it's not completely decorated yet-we got tired), our house is decorated and I even put a little tree up in my room! I had this little 5-6 foot tree from a couple years ago and decided that since my room was plenty big enough, I should have my own. I got some of those big bulbed/old-timey lights and used some of my "meaningful" ornaments and decorated it up. Here's the finished productNot too bad for a small tree huh? Anyways....my next favorite thing..MUSIC! Over the last couple of years I have created a pretty big Christmas music playlist on my iPod. Every season I continue to find new stuff I like that just adds to the list. I have such a wide variety I have everything from Louis Armstrong to Jack Johnson to Amy Grant to Shane & Shane to Bing Crosby to Ingrid Michaelson to Third Day to Mariah Carey to Kenny G to Trans Siberian Orchestra and more! Right now, thanks to Tyler, my favorite album that is on constant repeat is the Shane & Shane Christmas album Glory in the Highest.
I have to admit though, not only do I love the old classics, but I love finding new artists that take a new twist on the old ones. I also like new artists that have completely new songs. Don't get me wrong some of them just totally not right for Christmas music (such as Lady GaGa), but here are a few that I've come across that are some of my current faves:

1.) It Came Upon a Midnight Clear- Sixpence None the Richer
2.) The Christmas Song- Gavin Degraw
3.) Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow- Michael Buble (the whole album is good)
4.) Snowfall- Ingrid Michaelson
5.) Christmastime is Here- A Fine Frenzy
6.) Wintersong- Sara Barellis & Ingrid Michaelson
7.) Greensleeves- Vanessa Carlton
8.) Auld Lang Syne -Mairi Campbell (anyone that is a fan of SATC will know this version is from the movie)
9.) Last Christmas-GLEE cast (LOVE LOVE LOVE this show!!)
10.) Mistletoe- Colbie Caillat
11.)Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer- Jack Johnson
12.) Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas- Tyler Hilton ( I also like Coldplay's version too)
13. ) Winter Snow -Chris Tomlin & Audrey Assad
14. ) O Come, O Come Emmanuel- Enya
15.) Silent Night- Priscilla Ahn
16. ) Eternal Gifts- Leigh Nash

That's just a few of many. Hope everyone is having a great start to the holiday season! 



No comments:

Post a Comment