Sunday, April 5, 2009

Weddings, puppies and grown-up worries...

Well..lots has happened this weekend (so far). Work has actually gotten A LOT better. I know I posted last week that I was a little frustrated with things and was uneasy about the nurse that was orienting me, but all of a sudden one day things just got better! My preceptor seemed nicer, things at work just started making a little more sense and all around, everyone was nicer. I still think a lot of gossip goes on there, but anywhere you go, you will find that right? I guess I had an innocent perception of the "grown-up" world. I thought that all the gossip, stabbing people in the back etc. got left in high school/college, but I have quickly realized in my "big girl" world that it doesn't. If anything, it only gets worse and you have to toughen up and not let yourself get sucked into all of that mess. But as far as work itself, it has gotten much better and I feel TONS better about it now.

Friday night after working 3 LONG 12 hr days, I went to hear the band play at the Relay for Life in Auburn.They did a great job and lots of people got involved. I had my first "hey, are you a nurse we need some help" encounter. It wasn't a big one, but it was one. A girl came up to me (b/c I still had on my scrubs from work-gross, I know!) and asked if I was a nurse. She told me her friend was playing around and had fallen and hurt his knee would I come look at it. I told her sure, although I didn't really feel qualified. So, I went over, asked him what happened, tried to "assess" the situation somewhat and gave them my opinion. I don't know if it was a good one, but it was just weird b/c the 2 years that I have been a nurse, I haven't really gotten asked anything like that outside of work.


Saturday we got a new edition to the family, Bella, a yellow lab puppy. My brother mentioned that he wanted a lab puppy for his graduation....and here she is...precious!

We also went to Marie and Steve's wedding. It was so great! I am SO happy for them! Wedding season is in full swing now! Yay for Marie and Steve!!



On a completely different note....one of my frustrations lately is that I really wanna buy a house. It doesn't have to be a really nice, fancy house, but just SOMETHING. I feel like if I pay the high rent prices around here, I could basically be making a house payment and actually investing in something instead of throwing money away on something that I could own. I am SO ready to get out of my parent's house again and be on my own and I feel it's time to be my own person and have complete responsibilities, but it's SO hard to do it ALL on your own...without....(I hate to say it)...another person. I don't mind being just Amy, but at the same time when you are given a situation like this, I can't help but think about the fact that I can't do it alone. Not that I can't physically do it alone, but really financially. I probably COULD do it by myself..but I wouldn't have money for the luxuries that we all love. It's like if I just had ONE more paycheck...it would be great! Sometimes I let it get me down and I know I don't need to. I feel like everyone else that has "grown up" jobs is able to go out and get new cars ( at least I have done that) and buy houses and start their lives and I am still living at home with my parents! uh! I guess my day will come and I just need to continue to try to save money and keep looking. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions....send em my way! I'm open!

2 comments:

  1. Hey we are selling our house in Opelika (Stephen's Woods). It's a perfect starter home with all the extras. $189,000

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey! my husband is a realtor if you would like help with ourchasing a home. brandon danford 706 536 9176

    ReplyDelete