Sunday, September 27, 2009

Vicariously living through all my wonderful friends..

Lately I have decided to start living vicariously through my wonderful friends. Although, I have to admit to myself that I do have a pretty good life (even when it doesn't feel like it sometimes). I am independent, I am fortunate to have found an awesome person to live with (my Natty), I have amazing friends that I wouldn't trade for anything in this world, I just got back from a great trip to Vegas, I have a good job that I love doing (most of the time) and so much more! You're thinking what more could a girl ask for, right?? Well...I guess there are lots of things I could think of, but I WON'T GO INTO THAT. :)

It has really hit me lately what amazing friends I have. These are the kind of friends that I know will last me a lifetime. God has been SO good to me in placing the right people in my life at exactly the right time-He is SO faithful! Even though I may lose touch with some of my good friends, we always pick up right where we left off and that is simply something money can't buy. There is a quote that comes to mind when I think of my friends:

“Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.” --Anais Nin


That quote is so true in so many ways because each friend truly represents a different world in us. I believe God places people in our lives to fulfill different purposes. It's neat to me how people come into your life that you never thought would, but end up being apart of your life forever. I have certain friends that I consider to be my "voice of reason", friends that make me laugh all the time, friends that just listen, friends that I share my deepest darkest secrets with etc..

Lots of my friends are married and have children (or have babies on the way) and although that is something that I want, I have learned just to "live vicariously" through them until it's my turn. I love all of my friends (and their babies) dearly and love sharing their lives with them. I consider it a TRUE blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment