Saturday, March 13, 2010

Coming Home to a Sweet Face

This past week at work is what I usually call my "bad work week" and that's simply because of the way my schedule is. I have a really awesome schedule, but on this particular week in the rotation, it just feels like I can't catch a break! That's because I work a 4 day (night) weekend, then I'm only off for 2 days and then have to go right back for 2 days, so sometimes it's tough that week to be able to catch up on sleep, do things I WANT to do etc. Anyways...the point of this blog is not for me to complain, but to say that I am SO thankful for my Father in Heaven who chooses to bless me and give me little "surprises" even when I complain or don't seem very thankful. One of those came in the form of Natalie's nephew, Bennett (I've pretty much adopted him as mine too). Thursday morning I came home and he was here because he had spent the night when Nat. As soon as I walked back down the stairs, he was waiting for me and gave me a HUGE hug. I had so much fun eating breakfast with them and cutting up. This is what I came home to on Thursday morning:

So when I get home from work on Friday, Bennett wasn't here right when I got home, but about an hour or so later, Shelley (Nat's sister) shows up with Bennett AND Brooks! Double the FUN! Let me tell you, we had a chaotic house that morning because Natalie was baking/decorating cakes, Bennett was running around vacuuming (yes, the kid LOVES to vacuum!) etc. Shelley had to run to the store and left us in charge of the boys and it was all great and dandy until Bennett decides he's gonna sneak in Natalie's room, pick up her cell phone and somehow manage to call Chris (Nat's b/f) on speakerphone! When I realized what he was doing, I was trying to get the phone from him before anyone answered (mind you, I'm trying to hold a screaming baby in the midst of this). Chris answers, I'm trying to get the phone to tell him what's going on, (Brooks screaming), I drop the phone ON Brooks (he's still screaming) and am finally able to walk into the loud kitchen where Natalie is busy mixing, baking, decorating etc to hand her the phone. Needless to say, we all walked away without injury, but I sure broke a sweat! haha! It really was fun having the boys for the day and when it ends like this....you can't help but smile :)




God is GOOD!!

"When we expect to be satisfied with the basics, God
will often surprise us with treats."
--James MacDonald

No comments:

Post a Comment